Missing the summer already? We’ve gathered the top Intimate Apparel and Swimwear trends for Spring/Summer 2016 to bring you a taste of what’s next in our industry.
via Fashion Vignette
The Trends Forum featured five feminine archetypes to typify the major trends in Spring/Summer 2016 lingerie and beachwear in Mode City Paris:
- NYMPH – Spirit of the earth, juvenile divinity, natural fibers, minimal, surface transparency.
- ODALISQUE – Oriental inspiration, sensual shapes, warm colors, luminous motifs, homewear.
- MERMAID – Fish scales, ocean tones, seductive and appealing, coating, washed-out shine.
- AMAZON – Coat of arms and armour, fighting spirit, geometric motifs, structured materials, like armour.
- LEGEND – Low and ornate necklines, symbol of power, luxurious design, architectural, oversized details.
Mare di Moda, the leading European exhibition for beach, swimwear and lingerie fabrics and accessories, divided its Spring/Summer 2016 trends into six themes.
- JUNGLE FEVER – Inspired by African diversity, combining contradictions like natural vs. digital into new themes, cover-ups inspired by North African kaftans, djellabas, tunics and ponchos, tropical and tribal prints.
- RAVE COUTURE – Optical illusions, hourglass silhouettes, sparkly/metallic shades, acid brights, geometric patterns and disorienting effects.
- MEMPHIS SPORT – 80’s-inspired, exaggeratedly sporty swimwear, racy shapes and colors, bold colorblocking, compression panels, tech finishes and plastic sheen.
- BRUTAL GLAM – Dark/fierce/cosmic, techno armour, basic shapes, nocturnal shades, leather and latex, studs and zippers, armoured looks inspired by reptile skins.
- ARTIST’S GARDEN – Romanticism, athletic pleasure, languid silhouettes, flowing fabrics, botanical drawings, elegant silks and satins, enamel-like or porcelain fabric finishes.
- SENSORY – Healthy and strong, lines of modernist architecture, minimalist forms, strict and pure, gently contouring curves, bright whites, scent and soap-infused fabrics for sensory stimulation.
Some of the most popular trends from recent seasons are coming back for more next year. Retro is still hot! The high-waist trend lives on, bringing back the vintage vibe with enhanced modern textiles. Decorative straps will also be seen for another season, adding a popular edgy style to any garment it embellishes.
The bondage trend is evolving into a layered look. The once-open space between panels and straps are being connected by meshes and fishnets, decorated by laces and embroideries to soften this especially bold look.
Which trends are you looking forward to?
See our growing collection of SS16 styles on Pinterest to see the trends in action.