You’re invited to the Underfashion Club’s Holiday Party on Tuesday, December 8th from 6pm to 9pm. It will be held at The National Arts Club, 15 Gramercy Park South, a beautiful venue that’s dedicated to promoting and fostering public interest in the fine arts. We’ll be celebrating over cocktails, dinner, DJ entertainment, mystery prizes and much more!
Come decked out in your ugliest holiday sweater! Judged by our fabulous board members, the most hideous sweater will win a prize.
We’ll also be holding a gift drive for the children of Women In Need, Inc. Spread the holiday cheer and bring a gift for a child! For each gift you donate, you will receive a ticket to be entered into one of our fabulous raffles. Please wrap and tag gifts with description and recommended age group. Donations to Saint Francis Friends of the Poor and City Meals on Wheels will also be made.
Be ready to dance! The DJ never fails to play tunes that get guests out on the dance floor.
Registration for both members and non-members is: $50 prepaid, $60 at the door.
We hope to see you there! Happy Holidays!
Missing the summer already? We’ve gathered the top Intimate Apparel and Swimwear trends for Spring/Summer 2016 to bring you a taste of what’s next in our industry.
via Fashion Vignette
The Trends Forum featured five feminine archetypes to typify the major trends in Spring/Summer 2016 lingerie and beachwear in Mode City Paris:
- NYMPH – Spirit of the earth, juvenile divinity, natural fibers, minimal, surface transparency.
- ODALISQUE – Oriental inspiration, sensual shapes, warm colors, luminous motifs, homewear.
- MERMAID – Fish scales, ocean tones, seductive and appealing, coating, washed-out shine.
- AMAZON – Coat of arms and armour, fighting spirit, geometric motifs, structured materials, like armour.
- LEGEND – Low and ornate necklines, symbol of power, luxurious design, architectural, oversized details.
Mare di Moda, the leading European exhibition for beach, swimwear and lingerie fabrics and accessories, divided its Spring/Summer 2016 trends into six themes.
- JUNGLE FEVER – Inspired by African diversity, combining contradictions like natural vs. digital into new themes, cover-ups inspired by North African kaftans, djellabas, tunics and ponchos, tropical and tribal prints.
- RAVE COUTURE – Optical illusions, hourglass silhouettes, sparkly/metallic shades, acid brights, geometric patterns and disorienting effects.
- MEMPHIS SPORT – 80’s-inspired, exaggeratedly sporty swimwear, racy shapes and colors, bold colorblocking, compression panels, tech finishes and plastic sheen.
- BRUTAL GLAM – Dark/fierce/cosmic, techno armour, basic shapes, nocturnal shades, leather and latex, studs and zippers, armoured looks inspired by reptile skins.
- ARTIST’S GARDEN – Romanticism, athletic pleasure, languid silhouettes, flowing fabrics, botanical drawings, elegant silks and satins, enamel-like or porcelain fabric finishes.
- SENSORY – Healthy and strong, lines of modernist architecture, minimalist forms, strict and pure, gently contouring curves, bright whites, scent and soap-infused fabrics for sensory stimulation.
via Knitting Industry
Some of the most popular trends from recent seasons are coming back for more next year. Retro is still hot! The high-waist trend lives on, bringing back the vintage vibe with enhanced modern textiles. Decorative straps will also be seen for another season, adding a popular edgy style to any garment it embellishes.
The bondage trend is evolving into a layered look. The once-open space between panels and straps are being connected by meshes and fishnets, decorated by laces and embroideries to soften this especially bold look.
Which trends are you looking forward to?
See our growing collection of SS16 styles on Pinterest to see the trends in action.